Mac OS X Problems
- Adobe Reader 7 may work for some browsers. Version 10.2.2 of
Mac OS X is required if you use Adobe Reader 7.
- Adobe Reader 6 cannot support NetLibrary's PDF.
- Shubert|it PDF Browser
Plugin - Mozilla, Firefox, Camino, Opera, Netscape, and Internet Explorer display
NetLibrary pdfs best with this plugin. Install it by opening the .dmg file you
download, then copy PDF
Browser Plugin.plugin to your Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder. This plugin does
not seem to work with Safari. Internet Explorer needs additional configuration;
see information at the right. If you have problems with Firefox, see additional
information at the right.
- Internet Explorer - configure the Schubert|it plugin, by
clicking on Explorer and Preferences.
In Receiving Files, click File
Helpers. Click Add... Fill out the Edit File Helper window:
- Description: Adobe PDF files
- Extension: PDF
- MIME type: Application/PDF
- File type: .PDF
- How to handle: View with Plug-in
- Plug-in name: PDF Browser Plugin.plugin
- Firefox - if Firefox is not configured to
handle NetLibrary PDFs, you will get a dialog box asking you what to do with the
file. If you have already installed the Schubert|it plugin or Adobe Reader 7:
- Click the Choose button
- Find either the Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder and choose PDF Browser
Plugin.plugin, or navigate to the Applications folder in the hard drive,
then navigate into the Adobe folder and select the Adobe application.
- Click OK.
- If you are using the Shubert|it plugin it will open in the same browser
window in Firefox but if you are using Adobe Reader 7 the document will
open in its own window.