Hold Request Service
Need a book but can't make it to the library? Place a hold request and the book will be held for you at the library circulation desk for 7 days.
- Log into your library account, search for an item, click on the button, then wait for the confirmation screen.
- Current requests can be viewed by logging into your library account, under the heading "Circulation"
- Requests will be processed and delivered to circulation desk within 24 hours Monday-Thursday, and in 2-3 days Friday- Sunday.
- Library users checking out books in person will take priority over unprocessed hold requests. Requests that have been pulled and put on the shelf will remain there for 7 days or until picked up.
- Some items, including reserves, special collectons (including Quigley Historic Juvenile), archival materials and SOE Curriculum Lab materials are not eligible for request.
- If a requested item is missing from the shelf, you will be notified by e-mail.
- Requests for checked out items will be filled once the item is returned. You may place a MeLCat request for any checked out item.
- Hold requests must be placed online. Requests made via phone or e-mail will not be accepted. Faculty and staff that would like Mardigian Library items delivered to their office should place their requests using the delivery request form.
- Questions about this service can be directed to 313-593-5559.
- Items that have been checked out for more than 3 weeks can be recalled.
- A/V items cannot be renewed or recalled by library users.
- The library will recall items required for reserves or bookings.
- Request a recall by calling the circulation desk at 313-593-5559.
- The current borrower will be given 10 days to return the item, and is guaranteed a minimum check out of 3 weeks.
- Questions or problems with recalls should be directed to the circulation desk.
- Books may be renewed unless someone else has placed a recall or hold on the item.
- Books may be renewed in person or online through your
- ILL books can be renewed through ILLiad.
- Journals, A/V iems, REF/College and Career, reserve items, & software cannot be renewed.
To renew online:
- Log into your library account and click on "items currently checked out".
- Click on "Renew All" to renew everything, or select items and click "Renew Selected".
- Items that cannot be renewed should be returned to the library immediately to avoid fines and fees.
- Due dates are calculated from the date you renew.
- Questions or problems with renewals? Please call 313-593-5559
Mardigian Library books and A/V items can be returned to:
- The circulation desk on the first floor.
- The book or media drop boxes located on the sidewalk between the library and the IAVS.
Reserve items, e-devices, cameras, ILL/MeL items, and UM-Ann Arbor items must be returned in person to the library.
- Please hand directly to a Circulation Desk employee.
- Please do NOT return items via campus mail.