Skip global navigation
Books & Media
Contact A Librarian
Access My Account & Renew Items
Other non-UMD items
Campus Media Services
Suggest a Purchase
Directions & Maps
Alfred Berkowitz Gallery
Events & Programs
Comments & Suggestions
Give to the Library
Mission & Strategic Direction
Research Education Session Information
Please provide as much information as possible.
Number of Hours:
Best time to call:
Number of Students:
What is the object of the session?
Is the topic assigned or can the students choose a topic? (list below)
What are the limitations? Such as restrictions as to type of resources, i.e., Internet, research articles v. popular magazine articles, newspaper articles, or books, which can be used. Or, is there a minimum number of resources that must be utilized?
Type of Instruction Conducted:
Basic Information Literacy
Presentation Format (teaching method):
Will there be Follow-ups:
Practical Application in Computer Research Area:
Internet for Research Purposes
Database/Internet Demo (write in):
How many students attended the session?
Did the instructor attend the session?
1. How focused was the instruction with regard to the process of gathering information from resources selected by the library?
("1" represents "not focused at all" and "5" being "very focused")
2. How engaged were the students in the instruction?
("1" being "totally uninvolved" and "5" being "fully engaged")
3. How well did the instructor address the concepts of evaluating the quality of sources?
("1" being "not well" and "5" being "very well")
4. What techniques did the instructor use to allow for different learning styles (Hand-on excercises, group work, Web 2.0 technologies, etc...)?
5. Were there any mannerisms or colloquialisms that distracted from the instruction? If so, describe them and provide suggestions on how they may be corrected?
6. Do you have any suggestions for making this session more effective? For example, how to increase student engagement or were there some concepts that needed to be included that were not?
Please place personal reflections and any additional comments
about the session below:
more New Arrivals
4901 Evergreen Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48128-2406
313-593-5400 fax 313-593-5561
Suggest a Purchase,
or Report Noise