Skip NavigationUniversity of Michigan Dearborn Mardigian Library
Mardigian Library
Ask a QuestionMy Library Account

Buildings

  • 1958: Construction began on the University of Michigan Dearborn Center
  • 1959:
    • Classroom and Administration Building (1989: Science Building)
    • Faculty Office Building; School of Education from 1990-2003; School moved to Fairlane Center, winter 2004; became Computer and Information Science Building, winter 2004.
    • Engineering Building
    • Student Activities Building including Library (1989: Administration Building)
  • 1964-66: Apartments (now CASL Annex); by 1988 several were being used for offices; being decommissioned September 2004.
  • 1973:
    • Classroom and Office Building (Jan. 10, 1973); (1989: Student Services Center); name changed to Academic Services Center (June 2004)
    • Gabriel Richard Center
  • 1975: Recreation and Organization Center (ROC)
  • 1976: Parking Structure
  • 1978: Fieldhouse/Ice Arena
  • 1979: University Mall (now University Center)
  • 1980: Library (dedication April 1981)
  • 1987: Library rededicated and named Edward and Helen Mardigian Library
  • 1988: Manufacturing Systems Engineering Laboratory
  • 1989-92: Renovations to CAB, renamed Science Building 1989; add-on to CAB named Computing Wing 1989.
  • 1997:
    • School of Management Building; (name change to Social Sciences Building Winter 2004)
    • Addition to School of Engineering
    • Alfred Berkowitz Gallery opens in Library
  • 2000: Wellness Center (Jan. 14)
  • 2001:
    • Environmental Interpretive Center (June)
    • College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters (Nov.)
  • 2003:
    • University Center (Nov. 10, 2003) (University Mall remodeled and renamed).
    • Fairlane Center (fall). This property was purchased in fall of 2003 from Ford Motor Company to house School of Education and the School of Management. Classes began Winter 2004.
  • 2004:
    • Social Sciences Building (new name for School of Management building)
    • Computer and Information Science Building (new name for School of Education building)
  • 2005:
    • New Kindergarten Module replaces 1970s model
    • Rouge River Gateway Greenway Trail opens
  • 2006:
    • Science Learning and Research Center opens
    • Institute for Advanced Vehicle Systems building opens
    • Hans Prechter Engineering Complex named
Mardigian Library, 4901 Evergreen Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48128-2406 313-593-5400 fax 313-593-5561
ask-a-question@umd.umich.edu