The University of Michigan-Dearborn community recognizes that the Mardigian Library's resources, services and its contributions to the University are indispensable for achieving the University's mission.
Create a dynamic student-centered environment that fosters learning by providing access to authoritative sources of knowledge and information and by teaching critical information literacy skills and concepts.
- Student learning is our first priority.
- Faculty members are essential partners for encouraging and teaching students to use the library's information resources effectively.
- Support for faculty scholarship is essential to achieving the University's mission.
- Each library staff member is responsible for making every effort to provide excellent servcie in every interaction with library users.
- Organizational integrity, teamwork, collaboration, flexibility and risk-taking are essential to accomplishing the library's mission.
- Proactive engagement and collaboration with the University of Michigan community and with the larger library community are essential to accomplishing the library's mission.
- Library staff members' responsibilities include active engagement with the campus community to support achievement of the University's mission.
Approved by A-Team
May 12, 2011