An increasing reliance on cell phones is a reality today, however,
the use of cell phones can be disruptive in public places. The Mardigian
Library has established this policy to provide for cell phone use while
also supporting an environment that promotes study and research. Your
cooperation is essential in helping us make everyone’s experience
at the Mardigian Library a positive one.
A. Cell Phone Use Policy:
- Cell phone use is prohibited in these No Phone
- 3rd and 4th floors (these floors are reserved
for silent study)
- Circulation desk and other user service points
in the library
- The corridor between rooms 1208-1216
- Restrooms on all floors
- Emergency exits/stairwells
- Quiet cell phone use is permitted in Phone Friendly
- Everywhere else in the building.
- Please note:
- You may be asked to leave the building
if you use a cell phone in a " No Phone Zone",
or if you carry on a conversation on your cell
phone in a loud and/or disruptive manner.
B. How you can help:
- Turn your cell phone off, or, set the ringer to “vibrate” before
entering the Library.
- Cell phone conversations should be:
- kept to a minimum
- conducted only in "Phone Friendly Zones."
- conducted quietly
- If you are using your cell phone in a public stairwell,
please do not block stairway traffic
- To minimize noise, consider the option of using text
messaging while in the library, instead of conducting phone
- If you receive a call when you are in a "No Phone
Zone," move immediately to the stairwell, or the nearest "Phone
Friendly Zone," talking in low volume as you do so.
- Report any inappropriate, disruptive behavior by contacting
library staff at the Circulation Desk.