- Engage campus - learn, anticipate, participate, serve, listen/communicate
- Library units collect user feedback about their interactions with the library on an ongoing basis to measure our effectiveness at providing quality service and to guide decisions about the resources and services that we offer.
- Create and sustain an active, dynamic relationship among students, faculty and staff to enhance the quality of services that the library offers.
- Proactively employ all media that enable library staff to have timely and effective communications with the campus community.
- Optimize technology - implement, develop, adapt, maintain technology to optimize user access to resources, and to meet user needs and staff needs
- Keep informed about new technologies to support services to users and staff efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain a strong and effective digital presence.
- Align resources/content decisions with university mission and priorities, degree programs, course offerings and faculty research interests
- Library units align job responsibilities, workflow and financial resources with user needs and future trends.
- Work closely with academic units throughout the university to ensure that the library provides access to intellectual content that students and faculty members need for teaching and learning.
- Seek out opportunities for collaborative relationships; develop and maintain those relationships where they currently exist.
- Develop staff to acquire, maintain and strengthen skills, knowledge, abilities that enable them to be successful, both in achieving the library's mission and in their professional development.
- Create and sustain an environment that supports continuous staff growth and learning.
- Provide training and development opportunities for all library staff members.
Approved by A-Team
January 27, 2011