A proxy card authorizes a student or staff member to use a faculty
member’s library account to check out materials. A proxy card
may be issued to a current UM-Dearborn student or staff member when
authorized by a current UM-Dearborn faculty member.
Faculty member information:
- Read the full guidelines and submit the application
form (Word doc) or pdf
- Faculty members, not proxy card holders, are responsible
- Knowing what materials are currently checked
out to them
- Returning items on due date
- Immediately returning recalled items
- Responding promptly to library notices
- Paying fines and fees
- The faculty member will receive all correspondence
relating to items checked out; the proxy card holder
will not receive notices.
- Faculty members may have two authorized proxy card
users on their library account at any given time.
- Proxy cards may be issued for up to three semesters,
or one calendar year. Proxy cards are not intended for
one time use.
- If the faculty member wishes to cancel or revoke a
proxy card for any reason before the expiration date,
please contact the Head of Circulation at 313-593-5598
or email@example.com .
Proxy card holders are eligible to:
- Check out UM-Dearborn materials
- Check out ILL and MeLCat items that are waiting for
- Renew UM-Dearborn items in person or over the phone
as long as item barcodes are known
- Pay fines and fees in person
- Receive a receipt of items checked out or renewed and
The proxy card does not grant the ability to:
- Check out materials for the proxy’s personal
- Request or renew ILL or MeLCat items using the faculty
member’s library account
- View the faculty member’s online library account,
renew items online or pay fines and fees online
is confidential in compliance with the library's User