- Most books or other items that are checked out can
be placed on hold.
- Click on the button
when you are looking at the item in the library catalog.
- When the item is returned, you will be notified by UM-Dearborn
e-mail and it will be held for you at the Circulation Desk
for up to 7 days.
- You can check the status of a hold at your Library
click on "Request (hold) outstanding."
- These can not be put on hold:
- Items that are not currently checked out
- Missing or lost items
- Current journal issues
- Reserve items
- Cancelling a hold:
- Login to your Library
Account; click on "Request (hold) outstanding."
- Click on the "Cancel All" button, or
select specific items and click on "Cancel Selected."
- When a book is checked out from our library, you can
also use MeLCat to request
a copy from another library.
- When you place a hold, you may enter a "not needed after" date. Holds
will expire automatically if not filled by this date. If
you do not enter a date, the hold will expire at the end
of the current semester.
- Patron information is confidential in compliance with the library's
- Items that are checked out on a term loan (due date of
Jan 15, May 15, or Sept 15) may be recalled.
- We will recall items required for Reserves or bookings.
- Request a recall by calling the Circulation Desk at 313-593-5559,
or type RECALL in the 3rd box on the hold form.
- The current borrower will be given 10 days to return
the item, and is guaranteed a mininum check out of 21 days.