How to make an ILL request
- Check the library
catalog to be sure this library does not own the
item you need.
- Use MeLCat for
fastest book delivery.
- Log in to
ILLiad and complete appropriate form.
- Include all of the requested information.
- Do not use abbreviations.
- Please include your source of reference.
- We do not take phone orders or e-mailed requests.
- Requests can take from 1-20 business days to be filled.
- You can check the status of your
request within your
- Faculty, staff, and students are notified by e-mail when
requested items arrive. If you use a non-UM-Dearborn address, you
should set your UM-Dearborn e-mail to be forwarded to your other
address. Read instructions for forwarding e-mail. You can also view
notification within your ILLiad account.
- Books can be picked up at the Circulation Desk.
- Articles will be delivered within your ILLiad account.
- The due date is assigned by the lending library; loan
periods may vary.
- You are responsible for the material until you return
it to us. Please note the due date and return the materials
on time to keep our library in good standing with the lending
- All ILL items are subject to recall.