How do I Request - Microfilm, Microform, or Microfiche
Mardigian Search

How do I Request - Microfilm, Microform, or Microfiche

You can request microfilm or microfiche from other libraries using the library's interlibrary loan services. There are no fees for UM-Dearborn students, faculty, or staff to place these requests.

Step-by-Step Instructions for requesting articles through ILLiad

These items can be difficult to obtain depending on the policies of the lending institution or library, but follow these steps to request the physical item:

  1. Log into ILLiad at
  2. Click on the Loan (book, microform, AV, etc) link next to Place a Request at the top of the ILLiad Form
  3. Fill out the form as completely as possible. Make sure to fill out required fields.
  4. When you have completed the form, click the "Submit Request" button.
    • Click on All Requests in the left sidebar to check the status of your request.
  5. You will be notified by email when your article is available.
    • Click on Completed Requests in the left sidebar to access all of your completed requests.

Questions about requesting articles through ILLIAD?
Reach out to the ILLIAD service in Ann Arbor.

Did you know?

  • Newspaper Subscriptions
  • Currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty and staff are eligible for a free digital subscription to the New York Times (NYT) (some limitations apply) and Wall Street Journal (WSJ).

  • Access requires creation of accounts for each site. Full details and setup instructions are available on the New York Times and Wall Street Journal setup pages.